About the Mosquito
Mosquitoes range in size from 3 to 9mm. They have a single pair of wings, long thin legs, and a prominent head. They are dark in color, with some variations of spots and stripes in lighter shades, depending on the species.
Our 3-Step Mosquito Management Process
Ditch the Itch™ by Kingfish Pest Control - Safe, Effective & Eco-friendly
Eliminate conducive conditions around property and yard
Treat standing water and potential water collection areas with larvicide
Chemical treatment of mosquito harborage areas every 30 days year-round in Jacksonville, FL
For four years now, Kingfish Pest Control has provided our home with outstanding monthly mosquito service. Simply put: This company is easy to deal with, does what it says, and most importantly, gets rid of the mosquitoes!
— Recent customer testimonial
What You Can Do
- Check flower pots and other containers for excess water.
- Flush out the water in birdbaths and fountains regularly.
- Store boats, canoes and other objects so that they do not collect rainwater.
- Rinse off water collecting on back yard trampolines and other items.
- Keep rain gutters free of leaves and other debris that prevent water from draining.
- Correct drainage problems in yards and playing fields to prevent rain and irrigation water from pooling for prolonged periods.
- Fill holes or depressions in trees with sand or mortar.
- Keep hedges and other hiding places trimmed and open.
- Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets, and connect open waste-water drains to a sewage system or construct separate sump or leach lines.
- Keep wading and swimming pools clean at all times.
- Empty water containers for pets and check livestock watering troughs and tanks.
- Correct or report drainage problems in ditches along public or private roadways.
- Keep grass mowed short before, not after treatment.
- Empty plant saucers as often as possible.
- Call Kingfish Pest Control!